Sunday Adult Formation in Easter Season: Sustaining Creation Care during Eco-Crisis
Sunday, May 22, 2022, 9:30 AM
In the Journey Groups' discussion of the book Manna and Mercy by Daniel Erlander, we've learned that God intended harmony and balance between God, humans, and the rest of creation, Yet climate change and its disruptions are irrefutable. We therefore need to ask, what are our individual and collective responsibilities to God, each other, and our earthly home with all its resources? Even further, what are the irreversible damages we are inflicting today which are impacting tomorrow's inhabitants and the resources all rely on?
Please join the Creation Keepers of St. Thomas to explore these questions and grow in our Christian love and response to God's Creation.
This series begins the Sunday after Easter, 4/24 (which is also the Sunday after Earth Day on Friday, 4/22) and runs through 5/22.
- April 24 -Celebrating Earth
- May 1 - Guest Speaker, Keith Sims, Mercy Med Farmer on gardening and soil: Nurturing Body and Soul
- May 8 - Discussion on Refugia, episode 1 of the podcast with Debra Reinstra
- May 15 - The Interconnectedness of Life
- May 22 - Guest Speakers from Georgia Interfaith Power and Light (GIPL) on a Call to Action