Part-Time Nursery Workers
St. Thomas Episcopal Church in Columbus is seeking part-time Nursery Workers who will be responsible for the care of the children of the parish on Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings and other services/engagements as agreed upon and listed below. Applicants should be at least a high school graduate, but all ages are welcome to apply. Nursery workers must have Covid vaccinations and wear a mask when in the building and working with children. Pay is $10/hour and workers are paid for a minimum of 4 hours on Sunday and Wednesdays.
- Experience working with children primarily ages 0-4, but occasionally up to 12 years old
- Patience and love for children
- Agree to and undergo a background check
- Be a person of Christian ethics and solid character
- Nursery workers must have Covid vaccinations and wear a mask when in the building and working with children.
- CPR/First Aid Certification*
- Provide 3 references outlining character and experience
- High School Graduate
- Completion of Safeguarding God's Children**
- Follow Nursery Guideline Handbook.
- Clock in and out each time you work. Failure to do this could delay your check.
- If unable to work due to sickness or death of family member, the CFD must be called. For any other reason, you must provide the CFD a week’s notice.
- Arrive on time to set up room and prepare to receive children. Stay after worship or other event to ensure all children are back with parents and room has been cleaned up.
- Complete Nursery Registration Records and communicates special needs to volunteers (Rockers and Rollers) and other staff members as needed.
- Maintain a PEANUT-FREE nursery.
- Maintain good handwashing/hand hygiene after diaper changes and after assisting children with tissues for coughs, sneezes or runny noses.
- Keep track of current supplies and provide notification of needed supplies (diapers, snacks, etc.). Maintain nursery cleanliness by wiping down all use toys with disinfectant wipes after every use.
- Set up materials and guide children through preplanned activities designed for those children able to participate.
- Discuss with CFD ONLY any concerns about children when necessary.
- Be willing to assist with activities geared toward children during the worship service or prepare for upcoming events (i.e. All Generations services, Children’s music during worship service, Pageants).
- Communicate with the parents of the children about the time spent in the nursery.
- Put away toys, wipe off all surfaces and sweep floor after each event.